It is common that people are biten by dogs. Recently, we can witness some victims attacked by fierce dogs.
So if you are in the case of dog bites, then what should you do?
Dog bites will cause wounds of varying degrees, And depending upon the circumstances and severity of the injury,we will have the appropriate treatment.
Superficial Wounds :
If it’s a scratch or a long and deep cut,clean the wound with running water, and then hydrogen peroxide or isopropyl alcohol. Apply a topical antibiotic creams and cover with a bandage.
Puncture Wounds :
- When the wound is bleeding, the blood from the wound is gushing out forcefully or the wound is in your head or neck. Be calm and call emergency help, wait for a few minutes, The flow of blood out of the wound will help to cleanse it.If the ambulance has not arrived yet, clean the wound under running water with mild soap for five minutes.
- Do not use rubbing alcohol, hydrogen peroxide, iodine, or Mercurochrome for puncture wounds Because these can slow healing. Normally,Puncture wounds do not normally need to be bandaged but if you want to, you must be sure to clean the wound thoroughly first.
If the dog gets rabies, what should you do?
- If you are bitten by an unknown dog, you do not try to catch it. call emergency to begin rabies vaccinations right away and contact Related agencies so they can try to catch the dog.
- If the animal that bit you seems to be partially paralyzed, acts aggressively, or behaves in a strange way, then it may be rabid. For any bite, be sure to clean and disinfect the wound thoroughly, because all animal bites can transmit bacteria and cause infection.
What to Do if Someone Else’s Dog Bites You ?
- Check with the dog’s veterinarian to make sure the dog has been vaccinated against rabies.Timely notification to the relevant authorities,If the dog’s owner is presen, ask them to ensure that the owner of the dog takes steps to prevent their dog from biting someone again.
- If the owner comes with it, ask them and you can get proof of rabies vaccination and notify the veterinarian right away to check.
What to Do if Your Dog Bites You
- Sometimes, puppies you raise often bite you or your loved ones, that is what they do when they are teething and they bite people when they are bigger because they want to establish dominance. It is important that you remember, that the dog bites you not because it hates you. It bites you because you are in them. They feel something soft and they have teeth.
- If your dog bites you, be calm, do not be too excited because it just makes it more scary and feels offended. Gently teach it to understand.
- You can fix your dog's habit by snapping your neck before it bites you. Doing so can change their biting instincts and even teach them not to do so anymore.