Clicker is a stuff emitting the sound Click which is used to sign dog of doing something.
The structure of Clicker: the outer shell is made of plastic. Inside is a metal plate. There is a pushing button.
Nowadays, there is a wide range of Clickers and each kind of Clicker is averagely priced at 40 thousand VND, which is very reasonable for the dog owners to buy to train their dogs at home.
The benefits of using Clicker:
- Emitting the fixed sound which helps your dog to easily adapt.
- Being active to emit the sound: you can push every time and everywhere for your dog to practice the lesson.
- Your dog hears the “Click” and behaves well.
- Using Clicker together with giving your dog food makes him to be aware of: hearing the Click means being given food and your dog acts
- Use this tool as baby toys which create interest during practicing time.
- Using Clicker together with trivial actions creates a complete action.
- Replacing the command by pushing Clicker
How to get acquainted:
Step 1:Prepare food and call dog.
Step 2: Hold Clicker and food by hands. One hand pushes Clicker, and the other gives your dog food (you should give your dog a little food, not too much because your dog needs to practice again many times). Repeat this step about 5 to 10 times, up to dog’s awareness level.
Step 3: Throw all the food on the ground and push the Clicker and finally feed your dog. Repeat about 10 times.
Each practicing time should last for 15 minutes. You should not lengthen your dog’s practicing time because it is not good for dog. Remember to practice every day in order for your dog not to forget, or use Clicker to train the next day after your dog has been used to Clicker.