KNPV is stand for “ Koninklijke Nederlandse Politiehond Vereniging” which is Dutch for “ Royal Dutch Police Dog Association” .
How to get your dog registered KNPV test?
Every dog that take the KNPV test usually do not have a certificate and not purebred. Dog is mainly blended from 3 Belgian breeds, Belgian Becgie, German Becgie and even wolves to achieve aggression and weight.
The purpose is that to make a dog becomes stronger, good, strong nerves , certifies dogs for police , military.The main purpose is to create healthydogs, good nerves which make them become tracker dogs.
- Process of test
Set of examination are really difficult even the dog have been trained to protect :
- Dog must get used to with water, swimming across a canal and coming back by command
- There is an important exercise that the dog must be silent under gunfir
- Refuse food from strangers.
- Refusal to obey orders from strangers.
- Jump over a 2 meter ditch
- One meter jump over a hedge
- jump over a 1.75 meter wooden wall
- 2,25 meters in the long jump
Set of protect exercise are contained with searching for a person hidden in the woods, the dog will accompany a person to support himself during searching for a large object hidden
in the woods, transport, and guard a prisoner.Involving distant attacks on a remote adversary.to stop a person, who defends himself with a stick and a command “ come back “ from a distant attack . An attack against a person who shoots with a gun and to stop a person who flees on a bicycle.